Golf Cart Insurance in Stuart, FL
In addition to helping you enjoy your day on the links, golf carts can provide a fun and convenient way to make short trips close to home. However, despite their relatively small size and low speeds, these vehicles still require owners and operators to account for various risks and exposures. With this in mind, understanding, acquiring and maintaining adequate golf cart insurance may be advisable.
What Does Golf Cart Insurance Cover?
Like many types of insurance, coverage for your golf cart may be tailored to suit your unique circumstances, including needs, preferences and budget. In many cases, the following features may be advisable:
- Bodily injury liability coverage—This coverage may provide financial assistance if you are at fault for an accident while operating your golf cart that results in a third party, such as another golfer or pedestrian, accruing financial losses.
- Property damage liability coverage—This coverage can help pay for third-party losses arising from accidents you cause while driving your golf cart, such as damage to other vehicles or buildings.
- Guest passenger liability coverage—This coverage may compensate guests for medical expenses and financial losses if they are injured while riding in your golf cart.
- Collision coverage—This coverage may render financial aid for damages involving your golf cart caused by collisions, such as with other vehicles, structures or fences.
- Comprehensive coverage—This coverage may help you recoup financial losses arising from incidents other than collisions, such as fires, theft, severe weather and vandalism.
- Medical payments coverage—This coverage may provide financial assistance for health care costs if you or your passengers are injured in an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—This coverage may compensate you for financial losses if another party is at fault for an incident but lacks adequate insurance.
Does a Personal Umbrella Insurance Policy Cover a Golf Cart?
Personal umbrella insurance policies can provide a critical secondary layer of financial protection following incidents for which you are at fault. In this way, it may be possible for your personal umbrella coverage to provide financial assistance for losses for which you are at fault involving your golf cart. Still, you should discuss these situations with your insurance agent before feeling assured. Personal umbrella insurance should not be relied upon to provide financial assistance for structural damage involving your golf cart.
How Much Does Golf Cart Insurance Cost in Florida?
The cost of an adequate golf cart insurance policy may vary significantly. While determining your coverage needs and quoting you a rate for suitable coverage, insurance companies may consider the following criteria:
- Driving history
- Vehicle specifications
- Policy details (e.g., coverages included, deductibles and policy limits)
- Claim history
It may also be possible to lower your golf cart insurance premiums by bundling it with other policies, paying a year’s worth of premiums upfront or completing safety courses.
Get the Right Coverage
With nearly two decades of proudly serving Stuart, Boynton Beach and the surrounding areas, the dedicated team at Wiglesworth-Rindom Insurance Agency has the knowledge and experience to help you address your coverage needs. Contact us today to get started.